Polk soundbars are a great way to improve your TV viewing experience and get better sound quality. There are a few different ways to connect your Polk soundbar to your LG TV, depending on the model of your TV and soundbar.
Polk soundbars typically have an HDMI input and output, so you can connect your soundbar to your TV using an HDMI cable. If your LG TV does not have an HDMI input, you can try connecting the soundbar to your TV’s audio input using Bluetooth technology.
Here is a step-by-step guide If you’re not sure how to connect your Polk soundbar to your LG TV. Before further ado let’s get started:
How To Connect Your Polk soundbar to LG TV?
To connect your Polk soundbar to your LG TV, you can use HDMI if you have an older version of the LG TV.
Otherwise, If you have an LG TV that was released in 2019 or later, chances are that it has Bluetooth technology built-in. You can use this to wirelessly connect your Polk soundbar to your TV.
Connect Your Polk soundbar to LG TV using Bluetooth:
Firstly you have to turn on your Polk soundbar and put it into pairing mode. To put your Polk soundbar into pairing mode:
- You can use your voice command by saying “Alexa, pair my TV.”
- You can also use your remote, by pressing the Bluetooth button.
Once it is in pairing mode, now you have to set up your LG tv Bluetooth connection:
- Go into your TV settings.
- Under the Settings menu, Select the option label Advanced Settings.
- In the Advanced Settings menu select the Sound options.
- Now you have to select Sound Out in Sound Menu.
- Once you are in the Sound Out menu select the LG Sound Sync Bluetooth.
- Now you have to select Detect options which brings the list of available devices.
- Choose your Polk soundbar from the list of available devices.
After you have successfully paired your devices, you can adjust the sound output according to your preferences.
Connect Your Polk soundbar to LG TV using HDMI:
If your LG tv does not have Bluetooth support, then you can connect your Polk soundbar to your LG TV using an HDMI cable.
To connect your Polk soundbar to your LG TV using an HDMI cable:
- Firstly you have to connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your Polk soundbar.
- Now take the other end of the HDMI cable and connect it to the HDMI port of your LG TV.
- After you have connected the HDMI cable, now you have to change the output of your LG TV.
Once the connection is made between the Polk soundbar and the LG TV, now you can listen to or watch your favorite shows or movies with enhanced sound quality.
One thing I should clarify here is that the HDMI connection is supported only by 5.1 surround sound. So, if you are looking for 7.1 surround sound then you have to go with the Bluetooth connection.
Connecting your soundbar with LG tv would enrich your experience of watching TV or movies. Whether it is an old model LG tv or a new one, you can easily connect your soundbar with the help of an HDMI cable or Bluetooth.
Also, mind that if you are looking for 7.1 surround sound then go with a Bluetooth connection as HDMI supports only 5.1 surround sound.