While your Macbook or Windows Laptop might have wide access to media, they don’t necessarily have a solid integrated speaker for the best audio experience.
Luckily, you can use a Soundcore Bluetooth speaker, or any other decent speaker, to fill in the gaps. Anker Soundcore Speakers can be paired with all Bluetooth-enabled devices including Smartphones, Smart TVs, MacBooks, laptops, and even smartwatches.
In this article, we’ll show you how to connect a Soundcore speaker with a computer and laptop.
How to Connect Anker Soundcore Speaker to Mac or Macbook?
To broadcast music from your Macbook or Mac on Anker Soundcore there is no need for physical connections (i.e. USB or AUX cable) between the devices. Rather, the Bluetooth technology in these devices lets you connect them to the Anker Soundcore speaker seamlessly.
- To start, simply turn on your Anker Soundcore speaker and make sure that the Bluetooth is enabled.
- On your Mac or Macbook, open the System Preferences panel, and select the Bluetooth icon in the third row.
- You should see the name of your Soundcore speaker appear in the ‘Devices’ list. If you don’t find it there, double-check whether it is in discovery mode or not.
- Double-click on your devices’ name (Soundcore 2 or 3) or hover your mouse on the name and then right-click. Select ‘connect from the panel.
- Mac will ask for your permission in a pop-up. Just click on ‘Accept’
- If you have come this far, your Soundcore speaker is surely connected to the mac and you can confirm it by playing a song.
These steps are required for first-time pairing. Once you are done past them, the Anker speaker will appear in Mac’s Bluetooth devices list, and will automatically connect to the mac as soon as it turns on. This might cause some inconvenience for people who want to use the mic and speakers on their Macbook for a presentation or a video call.
To unpair your Anker Soundcore speaker from your mac, just go back into the Bluetooth menu and right-click on the speaker. Then, select “Disconnect” from the panel.
How to Connect a Soundcore speaker to Windows PC or Laptop?
The process of connecting an Anker Soundcore 2 or 3 Bluetooth speaker to a Windows PC or Laptop is very similar to that of connecting it to a Mac. We assume that your current setup has window 10 installed on it.
- The first step is to turn on your Soundcore speaker and enable Bluetooth on it.
- On your Windows 10 PC or Laptop, open the Settings panel (Start > Cog Wheel) and go to ‘Devices.’
- Select ‘Bluetooth & other devices’. Find and toggle Bluetooth to ‘on’ with the switch, if it says off.
- Click on ‘Add Bluetooth or other devices.’
- You will see a list of options, including ‘Bluetooth’. Click on it and after a few seconds, a list of ready-to-pair devices would appear on the screen.
- When the Soundcore Speaker name is discovered by your PC, left-click on the name. It would take only a few seconds to link the speaker. You can confirm if the pairing is successful or not by looking up the ‘Audio section’ in the ‘Bluetooth and Other Devices’ window.
- Once it’s connected, all Windows 10 audio should be rerouted via the Bluetooth speaker. If this isn’t the case, change the audio source. You can do so by clicking the volume icon in the bottom right corner of Windows Screen and selecting ‘Soundcore’ as the output above the volume slider.
Anker Soundcore Bluetooth speakers can be easily connected to computers and laptops using Bluetooth technology. The process is simple and straightforward, and once paired, the devices will connect automatically in the future. You can use your computer to play music through the speaker or take calls with the integrated mic.
Do you have any questions or problems connecting your Anker Soundcore speaker to a computer or laptop? Let us know in the comments below!
We hope you found this guide helpful. If you did, please consider sharing it with your friends and family!